Better Benefits for Disabled Veterans

If you are a member of the military and are looking to avoid having your retirement pay reduced by the amount you receive with your VA benefits, you can consider Combat Related Special Compensation and Concurrent Receipt. They are both a type of VA benefit offered by the US department.
If you wish to qualify for these benefits, you must be at least 60 years old or retired under the Temporary Early Retirement Authorization program. The VA must also rate you at least 10 percent. The last step is to apply with your branch of service with a CRSC application.
You can qualify for concurrent receipt you must have at least 20 years of service in the military. This includes the National Guard or if you are a Reserve Veteran. But to receive this, you must have a disability rating greater than 50%.
If your disability rating is less than 50 percent, your retirement pay will still be reduced by the amount you receive as disability compensation. If you need assistance in applying for VA benefits, an experience disability lawyer can help you through the necessary steps.
For more information on these benefits, you can check out the original article.